Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing 6th Edition
With a greater emphasis on, and integration of, interprofessional collaboration, health literacy, and clinical reasoning, Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, Sixth Edition provide you with the solid educational foundation to learn nursing principles, concepts, and skills with ease. The text’s proven, reader-friendly approach describes the principles, concepts, and skills essential to your success. The Sixth Edition includes new chapters focused on the health needs of Indigenous people along with information on how to collaborate among interprofessional disciplines. Thoroughly reviewed by Canadian nursing experts, this edition ensures that you are well prepared to practice in Canada.
- Case studies include unique clinical application questions and exercises, allowing students to practice using care plans and concept maps.
- New photos capture the latest updates in skills and equipment relevant to Canadian nursing practice.
- Key points and key terms in each chapter summarize important content for a more efficient review and study.
- More than 50 skills demonstrations provide illustrated, step-by-step instructions for safe nursing care ― and include rationales for each step.
- The 5-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for care and is demonstrated in more than 20 care plans.
- More than 20 concept maps show care planning for clients with multiple nursing diagnoses.
- A glossary provides quick access to definitions for all key terms.
- Cultural Aspects of Care boxes summarize cultural considerations related to the chapter topic and provide practical guidelines for how to meet patients’ cultural needs and preferences.
- Patient Teaching boxes help you plan effective teaching by first identifying outcomes, then developing strategies on how to teach, and, finally, implementing measures to evaluate learning.
- Focus on Older person boxes highlight key aspects of nursing assessment and care for this population.
- Planning sections help nurses plan and prioritize care by emphasizing Goals and Outcomes, Setting Priorities, and Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Implementation sections cover health promotion, acute care, and continuing care to prepare you for all levels of care in all settings.
- Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions for each skill offer alert to potential problems and appropriate nursing actions.
- Procedural guidelines provide streamlined, step-by-step instructions for performing basic skills.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking Models in each clinical chapter show students how to apply the nursing process and critical thinking to achieve successful clinical outcomes.
- NOC outcomes, NIC interventions, and NANDA diagnoses are incorporated into care plans to reflect national standards.
- Evidence-Informed Practice chapter includes the concept of research literacy and discusses quality improvement (QI)
- NEW! Greater emphasis on interprofessional collaboration, health literacy, and clinical reasoning throughout the text.
- NEW! The chapter addresses the health of Indigenous people covering the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) Report.
- UPDATED! CNA Code of Ethics, as well as new Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) legislation, has been integrated into many chapters.
- NEW! UNIQUE! Critical Thinking questions are included with every chapter which correlates directly with the case study presented in the care plan.
- NEW! The chapter addresses interprofessional collaboration which focuses on patient-centered care.
About the authors:
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, Ph.D., FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, Ph.D., President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL
Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, Ph.D., CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Dr. Barbara J. Astle, RN, PhD
Reviews about the ebook:
Great buy! Perfect! This honestly, however, is the heaviest book ever but it’s mandatory for the practical nursing program and a hard copy of the book is better to use than the e-version in my opinion.
- Debby Nicholls:
This was a last-minute Christmas gift for my daughter who is enrolled in an online RPN course.
She chose the gift, but I was impressed it arrived in time for Christmas despite my last-minute order.
- Julie K:
This is the required textbook for my nursing program. My campus bookstore only sold the ebook in a program bundle and I am so happy that I bought the hard copy. So much easier to read a paper textbook than an ebook.
- Michelle Maxim:
My daughter is enrolled in a nursing program and asked for this book for Christmas. It is a very heavy book but has detailed information and great pictures and diagrams to reference. She was so happy to receive it.
- Roman Vaslyuk:
It’s everything you need for nursing.
LPN Nursing Program. Very useful.
- product critic:
Such a well-written textbook and is very useful in my nursing class. Definitely, a must-buy for any nursing student.
- Jean Navarro:
Exactly what I was looking for – came brand new and unopened, perfect for the beginning of my 4-year BScN degree.
Cheaper compared to buying it for my school library.
My friends and I got this for practical nursing. I got the hardcover and it’s heavy, but it’s exactly like the one they sell at my school’s bookstore.
Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing 6th Edition; canadian fundamentals of nursing 5th edition; canadian fundamentals of nursing 5th edition test bank; canadian fundamentals of nursing; canadian fundamentals of nursing study guide; canadian fundamentals of nursing 5th edition apa citation;
potter and perry canadian fundamentals of nursing ebook;
canadian fundamentals of nursing potter; canadian fundamentals of nursing 5th edition pdf; canadian fundamentals of nursing fifth edition; canadian fundamentals of nursing 5th edition free download; canadian fundamentals of nursing 5e; potter and perry canadian fundamentals of nursing 5th edition pdf; canadian fundamentals of nursing 4th edition pdf download; canadian fundamentals of nursing 5th edition pdf download;
canadian fundamentals of nursing 5th edition content; potter and perry canadian fundamentals of nursing 5th edition apa;
canadian fundamentals of nursing 3rd edition table of contents; canadian fundamentals of nursing 2nd edition; potter perry canadian fundamentals of nursing;